The availability of numerous electronic gadgets has caused a lot of distractions to our youngsters study habits. In this era of modern technology where upgrade is constant and even before you completely appreciate the features of your mobile phone a new version is now available in the market. And no matter how you resist buying them you end up swiping your credit card. So what happens to your old mobile, you passed it on to your child. Now this kid have easier access to games and can even come online anywhere, anytime.
If you set up rules at home in computer or online usage, providing another gadget with advance features is not complementing your goals. You are in fact encouraging distractions.
Researched have shown that children who spend a lot time in video games, computer games, social media etc. have difficulty in focusing in class and much worse have neglected their school homework which results to poor grades.
It is therefore vital to take precautionary measures before your child starts failing in class.
1. Minimize or eliminating access to electronic devices during school days.
2. Avoid upgrading mobile phones and computers unless necessary.
3. Don’t encourage them with the latest devices by using these are rewards.
4. Plan other activities involving real people contact over online communication.
5. Keep them busy on weekends on sports and household chores that are done by the other family member.
6. Keep them from being alone for long period of time.